AMC's THE WALKING DEAD "DEAD CARPET SWEEPSTAKES”
Official Rules 2014
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
1. Sweepstakes Period: AMC’s The Walking Dead “Dead Carpet” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 9:00:01 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/12/14 and ends at 5:59:59 am ET on 12/1/14 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of eight (8) individual Entry Periods (the “Entry Periods”), as detailed in the chart in section 3 below. One (1) weekly random drawing (the “Weekly Drawing(s)”) will be held at the end of each of the eight (8) Entry Periods, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, in order to select one (1) potential Weekly Prize winner per Entry Period, for a total of eight (8) Weekly Prizes throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Then, at the end of the Sweepstakes Period, there will be one (1) grand prize random drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”), performed from among all eligible entries received throughout all Entry Periods, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner.
2. Eligibility :The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their entry and who have access to the internet and AMC Channel prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of AMC Network Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”), Brand Connections(“Administrator”), and any of Sponsor’s, Administrator’s, or their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win a prize herein. Void everywhere else outside the U.S. or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
3. How to Enter: Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants must watch the airing(s) of the new episode(s) of The Walking Dead (the “New Episode(s)”) on the date(s) that correspond with the correct Entry Period(s) in the chart detailed below (the “Entry Period Chart”), and take note of the code words that will appear on the screen and/or be spoken orally during commercial breaks airing throughout the applicable New Episode (the “Code Word”). Then, during the applicable Entry Period, visit www.amc.com/DeadCarpet (the “Promotional Site”), follow the instructions to complete all required information on the registration form, provide the correct applicable Entry Period’s Code Words (two (2) words), and submit the online entry form (hereinafter an “entry”). Incomplete entries and entries that do not contain the correct Code Words will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) entry, per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Entries will NOT be carried forward into subsequent Weekly Drawings, if any, however, all entries eligible for a Weekly Drawing will be placed into the Grand Prize Drawing as well. Therefore, one (1) person can earn up to eight (8) entries in the Grand Prize Drawing. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries must be received during each applicable Entry Period to be eligible for that Entry Period’s Weekly Drawing and the Grand Prize Drawing. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
ENTRY PERIOD CHART
|Entry Period Number New Episode Date|
|Entry Period Date(s)/Time(s)|
|#1||10/12/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 10/12/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 10/13/14|
|#2||10/19/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 10/19/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 10/20/14|
|#3||10/26/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 10/26/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 10/27/14|
|#4||11/2/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 11/2/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 11/3/14|
|#5||11/9/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 11/9/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 11/10/14|
|#6||11/16/14;||9:00:01 pm ET on 11/16/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 11/17/14|
|#7||11/23/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 11/23/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 11/24/14|
|#8||11/30/14||9:00:01 pm ET on 11/30/14 - 5:59:59 am ET on 12/1/14|
4. Weekly Prizes/Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Weekly Prizes: Eight (8) Weekly Prizes will be awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period (one (1) per Entry Period). Each Weekly Prize winner, once confirmed as detailed below, will one (1) The Walking Dead Pro Pinball Machine by Stern Pinball, Inc. The ARV of each Weekly Prize is $5,995.
“Grand Prize”: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize winner, once confirmed as detailed below, will receive: A 3-Day/2-Night trip, for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests, to Los Angeles to attend the Season Six premiere screening and party. Grand Prize package consists of (a) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and three guests from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest to winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor; (b) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations at a hotel of Sponsor’s selection (2 double rooms only); and (c) food and ground transportation allowance of five hundred ($ 500) dollars during the Grand Prize trip; ARV of Grand Prize is $4,000.
5. Weekly and Grand Prize Drawings & Notification/Acceptance: On or about one (1) day after the end of each Entry Period, one (1) Weekly Drawing will be performed, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the Weekly Drawings. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Weekly Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout each Entry Period. Potential Weekly Prize winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a Weekly Prize and be confirmed as an official Weekly Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will notify each potential Weekly Prize winner via email, on or about twenty-four (24) hours after each Weekly Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, potential Weekly Prize Winners will be required to respond to such notification attempt accepting the Weekly Prize, and providing Sponsor or Administrator with release paper work (same as the Grand Prize) within twenty-four hours (24) from the notification attempt, or else Sponsor may disqualify such potential winner and notify an alternate.
On or about one (1) day after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Grand Prize Drawing will be performed, from among all eligible entries received for each Entry Period. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the Grand Prize Drawing. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout each Entry Period. The potential Grand Prize winner must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept the Grand Prize and be confirmed as the official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will notify the potential Grand Prize winner via email, on or about twenty-four (24) hours after the Grand Prize Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond to such notification attempt and execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (or Declaration of Compliance if a Canadian resident (where legal)), within seven (7) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected. Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winner two (2) times during the seven (7) day period.
If any potential prize winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited arithmetic skill testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. If notification attempts for any potential prize winner fail for any reason, or if a potential prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such prize may be forfeited, at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries from the corresponding random drawing.
6. Prize Details/Conditions: All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners of Weekly Prizes are still eligible to win the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. If for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have no further obligations to Weekly Prize winner other than to substitute an equitable prize. Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to the Weekly Prize winners for the actual retail value of the Weekly Prize for the tax year in which Prize is accepted
Grand Prize Conditions: Grand Prize details, including but not limited to trip dates, are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and Producer’s production schedules. Grand Prize winner will be notified once the premiere party date is confirmed, but may receive less than thirty (30) days notice prior to trip departure. If a Grand Prize winner is not able to travel on dates, or remain for the duration specified by Sponsor, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to a Grand Prize winner other than to supply the Grand Prize trip to the location as described above within one (1) year from the date of prize notification, or at Sponsor’s sole discretion, provide Grand Prize winner with the total ARV of the Grand Prize trip. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winners to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., Photo ID, valid passport (if applicable)) at the time and place of departure, or prize may be forfeited. Actual values of Grand Prize depend on any fluctuations in current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and the location of winners’ residences. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Trips are subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of a Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, taxes, additional meals and transfers than the allowance allots for, beverages and gratuities, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize trip will be furnished with prize notification and/or further correspondence. Travel arrangements will be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in their sole discretion. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Sweepstakes entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred as a consequence of a transportation cancellation/delay. If a Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the determined destination, ground transportation or a different method of transportation may be provided for such Grand Prize winner in lieu of air transportation and hotel stay, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to a Grand Prize winner if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the premiere party. Grand Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash awards are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to the Official Grand Prize winner for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize is accepted. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If any portion of a trip prize is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, that portion of the prize will be forfeited, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be deemed fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of a Grand Prize.
7. General Rules:By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a selected potential winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential prize winner. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize herein. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the airing of the Code Word, notification of potential prize winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in it’s sole opinion, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential prize winners in random drawing(s) from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
9. Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: (ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
11. Winners’ List : For a list of prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to be received by 12/1/14, to AMC’s The Walking Dead “Dead Carpet” Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o Brand Connections, 1500 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY, 10001.